October 20, 2008

Accountability

One of the most important things that I am learning is accountability. I have always been able to meet requirements and be responsible for tasks. However, lately it has been increasingly difficult to meet competing demands for my time. The one thing that ends up falling off of my plate is my writing. I always feel like I can pick it back up later- after I attend to countless other things. Unfortunately, I then find myself in a bind. You must find someone else to have accountability "check-ins" with when you have independent projects to do. This could be your adviser or a friend (one that will actually tell you to get to work and help you figure out how to get started again). It can be helpful to have that someone whose specific purpose is to call you or take your call every week to give an update. You can pay someone to do this, or you can use someone your know that won't let you BS your way out of why you did nothing all week. !

-Cas

1 comment:

blacet said...

I agree! Accountability is big for me too. It does help to have that someone who you need to "report" to. I know it has helped me get moving on my business :-). Thanks for the reminder.